It’s funny, for years I thought New Years Resolutions were a waste of time, thought, and effort. I mean really what do they really change.
- I want to lose 20 lbs, not gonna happen
- I want to make a million dollars, not gonna happen
- I want to save the world, not gonna happen
So when I was young, all the resolutions I made, were on the top of my mind for, oh about 2 weeks. By the end of three weeks, I had gained 2 lbs, needed to get $800 worth of repairs done on my car, and another war broke out. So I’d quite, or even worse, just forget about it. Not even make the commitment to quite.
But as I have gotten older I have realized that if taken seriously New Years Resolutions really can work. And if you really put the effort into planning them, they can really change your world!
The trick: or I guess the tricks that work for me:
- Having attainable goals.
- Setting time limits.
- Managing your progress.
- Not giving up.
- Being held accountable.
So what are my resolutions this year? Honestly I’m not really sure yet. My husband and I talked about it for a little while but we didn’t have the time to sit down and really figure out what we want or what the plan is. So right now the plan is to plan, probably tonight over dinner.
We will also do a vision board, although this year mine’s going to be a little different, instead of one great big one, I will do multiple little ones that focus on specific areas of my life.
- Business – last year my goal was to make my business profitable – I succeeded
And to do public speaking – I succeeded
- Personal – last year I wanted to make more time for me – I succeeded
- Spiritual – last year I wanted to connect more with nature and the universe – I feel I have succeeded greatly!
- Health – last year I wanted to become a life time WeightWatchers member – I succeeded
- Fashion – last year my goal was to portray a professional image – I succeeded
So this year I will modify them and make my life even better!
Have a happy and successful 2011!